When things start to feel stressful, it feels good to pick up our knitting needles and knit a few stitches or a bunch of rows, or even knit for a whole sneaky afternoon.
It’s in times like this that knitting comes into its own; calming us with its soothing rhythm and reminding us of the beauty in life as soft yarn slips between our fingers. I can almost hear you exhaling with relief from here!
But, funnily enough, it turns out there are other things to do as well as knit? Who’d have thought?!
I’ve discovered a few really lovely things online that might make the days stuck at home feel a little brighter. Some are knitting-related and some are totally new ;)
- Naomi Bulger makes the most GORGEOUS handwritten letter templates (I’ve bought some for my kids to enjoy in the past) and she’s offering a lovely letter writing course. The aim is to teach you to craft a beautifully written and visually glorious letter to send via snail mail to someone special. Wouldn’t that just be the most lovely thing to receive in the mail right now?
- Skein Sisters in Sydney is hosting a FANTASTIC sale right now with 10-40% off their range of yarn and notions – there are some treasures in there! They sell online but if you are local you can pop in, and they’re offering “curbside collection” if you prefer less contact at the moment.
- Drapers in Auckland is having a HUGE sale with 40-50% off all their stunning fabric, instore and online until 22 March (NZ time). Drapers is one of my favourite fabric stores and well worth a look if you fancy trying your hand at sewing.
- Yarnfloozy is hosting a virtual open studio at 2pm, 7 April (NZ time). Don’t miss it! Catrien will take you on a tour of her studio and walk you through the STUNNING yarn in her shop.
- The doors of my brand new membership Wardrobe Toolbox are open!! It’s been designed for people who LOVE to knit, enjoy growing their skills and want to create clothes for themselves that make them feel (and look!) fantastic. Grab your spot – the doors close at midnight, 28 March (NZ time)
- Hedgehog Fibres are offering free WORLDWIDE shipping until the end of March. Those colours are hard to resist! Go go go!!
Have fun exploring!