I’ve written you dozens of posts over the past couple of months but they’ve all been in my head. I’ve thought about you and missed “chatting” with you but somehow, the longer I didn’t post, the harder it became …
Anyway, I’m back. There is so much to tell you! But, I’m about to start dinner, so I’ll have to be quick and pop back again really soon.
- We’ve bought a house with enough land for a big vege garden, an orchard, some animals and Mr Myrtle’s beehives and we move in next week. It’ll be fun showing you around;
- Summer is STILL going and it’s only getting warmer. I’d really forgotten how long and how hot summer is here and I’m in desperate need of some new lightweight, cool things to wear. Won’t it be fun to get my sewing machine out of our container next week?
- I’ve been knitting, albeit a bit more slowly than usual. My sore shoulder seems to have come right and I’ve got a few new (finished!) bits to show you;
- There’s even been a bit of crochet;
- My stash of NZ yarn is slowly growing although I’m quite daunted by the prospect of desperately trying to buy yarn on Facebook at the same time as a gazillion other keen knitters. From what I can gather, you have to be in the right place at the right time and quickly slap a “SOLD” comment on the yarn you like when its photo pops up. My heart stops in panic just at the thought of it. So far I’ve stuck to my comfort zone – quietly browsing and buying from local on-line and real life stores – although, if you’re reading this Sarah, GOSH I MISS THE SHEEP SHOP!
- The new school year began this week in New Zealand and on Monday three of my four kids had their first day at the little country school near our new house. My nearly four year old “baby” is off to the local Playcentre with me two mornings a week. I suspect things might be a bit up and down while everyone settles in but I’m hoping their daily swim in the school pool will help smooth the road.
So, there you have it. A snippet of where I”m at. Thank you so much for your kind messages wondering where I was and if I was ok, I’m touched that you missed me too.
If you’re wondering about my photo – I was inspired to post today whilst trying to untangle my handspun skein. I’m not sure how it happened but it’s a huge, tight mess and I seem to be turning it into some sort of boucle yarn trying to sort it out. It’s destined to be a lovely wrap because, I am absolutely thrilled to tell you, sometimes it’s cool here in the evenings!
Despite my worst fears, It looks certain that I’ll still need knitwear. Phew.
Back real soon. X
Ensure you’re signed up to the Truly Myrtle Minimag to stay in touch and get discounts on new pattern releases.
We’d love to see you in the Truly Myrtle Hangout on Facebook!